Thursday, March 29, 2012

Just Do It!

I asked Payton and Rae to get ready for the day 
and this is how the rest of the conversation went
between Payton and I......

Payton says," But Mom I just going to start Tangled"

"I know, you can watch it when we get back, please put it back in the case"

"But mom"

"Now please!"

"No"

"K, now you can put it up and then sit on your bed for telling me NO"

"I don't want to"

"I'm sure you don't but do it anyway. Put the movie back in the case and go sit on your bed, " I then walk away and start getting dressed myself.

She is yelling this at me, " I don't want to get ready and I don't want to sit on my bed" 
Then she spits at me

By this point don't you think she would have figured out that that doesn't fly well in my house.  Usually I probably would have smacked her in the mouth but this time I kept my cool.
Conversation continues......

"Did you just spit at me?  You did and you will now sit on your bed and you can 
do one of two things, not go to tumbling class today(which is why we're getting ready in the first place) or you can get soap in your mouth.  Which do you choose?  Do you want to get soap in your mouth?

"No, I want to go to tumbling"

"Then you get soap in your mouth!"

" I don't want soap in my mouth"

"Then no tumbling"

"I want to go to tumbling and I don't want to eat soap"

Then what I wanted to say was, SHUT YOUR MOUTH, STOP BEING A LITTLE BRAT AND JUST DO WHAT I FLIPPIN' TOLD YOU TO DO AND GO GET READY!

Instead I took her hand and dragged her into the kitchen and put a little dish soap in her mouth and sent her to her, when I turned around to take one more look at my crying child, she was drooling down her chin onto her clothes as if she had no control over it.  I just turned and walked away.  There was nothing more I could do at this point.  Drool going down her chest is punishment enough.  Come to think of it I don't know if she ever cleaned herself off.  She probably has crusty drool all down her front side.

Oh the Joys of being a MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment